If you find physical defects in the materials or the workmanship used in making the product described in this document, iVina will repair, or at its option, replace, the product at no charge to you, provided you return it (postage prepaid, with proof of your purchase from the original reseller) during the 3-month period after the date of your original purchase of the product. Upon registration of the product with iVina at www.bulletscan.com, the warranty is automatically extended for an additional 21 months for a total of 24 months.
iVina’s RMA Replacement Product Warranty
If you find physical defects in the materials or the workmanship used in the refurbishment of an RMA product replacement, we will repair, or at our option replace, the product at no charge to you for a period of 90-days from the date the RMA was created, or until the end of your original warranty period (whichever is greater). Contact support at 510- for more information on obtaining an RMA.
IVina’s Refurbished Product Warranty
If you find physical defects in the materials or the workmanship used in a product sold as a refurbished unit, we will repair, or at our option replace, the product at no charge to you for a period of 90-days from the date of purchase. Contact support for more information on obtaining an RMA.
Information is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment on the part of IVina. The software described is furnished under a licensing agreement. The software may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of such an agreement. It is against the law to copy the software on any medium except as specifically allowed in the licensing agreement. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or information storage and retrieval systems, or translated to another language, for any purpose other than the licensee’s personal use and as specifically allowed in the licensing agreement, without the express written permission of iVina.
THIS IS IVINA’S ONLY WARRANTY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY CONCERNING THE PRODUCT, ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS,WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. AS A RESULT, EXCEPT AS SET OUT ABOVE, THE PRODUCT IS SOLD “AS IS” AND YOU ARE ASSUMING THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE PRODUCTS SUITABILITY TO YOUR NEEDS, ITS QUALITY AND ITS PERFORMANCE.
IN NO EVENT WILL IVINA BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY DEFECT IN THE PRODUCT OR FROM ITS USE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
All exclusions and limitations of this warranty are made only to the extent permitted by applicable law and shall be of no effect to the extent in conflict with the express requirements of applicable law.
The warranty program is designed to get BookScan Station back up to speed as quickly as possible, covering telephone troubleshooting, parts and advance-ship replacements. Our Warranty Program offers a great way to predict total costs for support, making budgeting for the year a snap.
Warranty Terms and Conditions include but are not limited to:
Term: The term of this contract commences at date of product purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer’s warranty; it does not replace the manufacturer’s warranty, but provides certain additional benefits during the term of the manufacturer’s warranty. After the manufacturer’s warranty expires, this Service Contract continues to provide the manufacturer’s benefits as well as certain additional benefits listed within this Service Contract.
Advance Exchange Warranty
Should technical support determine that your unit would need an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), Advance Exchange Warranty customers are entitled to receive an advance overnight replacement. For the replacement to arrive the Next Business Day, RMA requests must be made before 12pm PST. For this service, a credit card from the customer is used as collateral. The credit card is first charged the list price of the scanner plus shipping. Then a replacement is sent out. A customer may then use the packaging received to return their defective unit and obtain a full credit back to the credit card. The manufacturer will cover the cost of shipping out the replacement. The customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the defective unit. Hardware replacements are provided after prior authorization from one of our technical support agents, and a valid Return Material Authorization (RMA) number is issued. Defective units must be returned within 14 days of the replacement’s delivery date in order to receive credit back to the credit card. All packages arriving at our repair center must have a valid RMA number clearly posted outside on the packaging box.
Service Contract Limits of Liability
The total payment(s) for all claims under this Service Contract shall not exceed the original purchase price of the covered product(s), excluding taxes. If iVina determines that the covered Product(s) is not repairable, iVina may replace the covered Product with a product of like kind and quality, not to exceed the original purchase price of the covered Product. There placement product will be covered for the remaining period of the Service Contract.
Service Contract Holder’s Responsibilities
You must follow the instructions for use in the owner’s manual of Your Product. You must have Your Product maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements, as outlined in the owner’s manual. Failure to follow the manufacturer’s maintenance and service requirements may result in the denial of coverage under this Service Contract. This contract does not cover the cost of data recovery or other consequential or incidental damages.
You may be asked to provide proof of purchase as a condition for receiving service under this Service Contract. YOUR ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT SHOULD BE KEPT WITH THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IN A SAFE PLACE.
Exclusions – What Is Not Covered
* Normal maintenance, cleaning, or tune-ups
* Cosmetic defects or damage (such as cracked cases and broken hinges) or defects that do not inhibit the proper operation and performance of the covered items
* Repair or replacement covered by any other warranty, service agreement, or insurance policy in effect at the time of the failure
* Repair or replacement due to failure to properly install, operate, maintain, or clean the covered Product in accordance with the local codes and the manufacturer’s printed instructions, or from use in any combinations not approved in the manufacturer’s specifications, or from any authorized modifications or alterations
* Repair or replacement due to vandalism, riot, or general environmental conditions, including but not limited to rust, corrosion or mold
* Any service request which results in customer education or no problem found
* Conditions which existed prior to Your purchase and delivery of the Product or the Service Contract. Special, indirect, or consequential damages
* Loss or damage caused by accidental or intentional physical damage, spilled liquids, insect infestation, misuse, abuse or service costs or damage caused by unauthorized repair personnel
* Personal items left in the product to be repaired
* Products that are not listed on the Service Contract
* Theft and loss
* Loss or damage to the covered product while in the course of transit, delivery, or redelivery
* Alteration or removal of the serial number
* Damaged caused by disassembly of the Product
* Damage resulting from software virus; improper gas or water connections, or electrical wiring and connections in user environment; user facilitated minor adjustments and settings outlined in the product’s owners manual; external antenna or local reception problems; inaccessible products or parts; negligence
* Failures due to dust, animal or insect damage; acts of God such as fire, water, windstorm, sand, dirt, hail or earthquake; civil disorders; nuclear accident
You may cancel this contract for any reason up to 30 days from date of purchase.